Friday, September 17, 2010

Will this tooth just come already!?!...

Another Friday night and I've been in bed with T since 8:00. R is out with his friends, and most of me is happy for him, the other part of me is a bit jealous and a bit lonely. I can't remember how long this bout of teething has been going on for but it feels like forever! I miss our old routine of putting T to bed and then spending some grown-up time together. I mean we were together for years just the two of us. Now don't get me wrong, I would happily spend ever night cuddled up snug with the bug, I do miss R and our time together too.

So now we wait for the teeth (yes plural) to make their big appearance and then we can get T back on schedule and in his own bed. Although I think that sounds much easier then it's actually going to be, seeing as T now thinks our bed is his bed. I will say, "bedtime" or "go night-night" and he goes to our nice, big, cozy king size bed. If you now ask him where his bed is, he'll point to ours and say, "there". Right now I think this is funny but I know soon it will just be a lot of tears. All I can say is, thank god it's a king size bed.

I don't know how other people, with kids have beds smaller then a king. How do you all fit in there? I joke with R saying a smaller be is just uncivilized but part of me believes that. If we had a smaller bed R would have been sleeping on the couch during this ordeal. I know he manages to sleep through 99% of the times T wakes up but it would be even worst if I knew he was sound asleep downstairs while I was waking up 3, 4, 5, even 6 times a night. I would have been a cranky bunny.

I feel like this post has been a lot of complaining and for that I am sorry....I blame the tooth and the lack of sleep. Hopefully the next one will be more upbeat.
That's all this mamma says for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment