Thursday, December 9, 2010

Winter-blahs

How is it that winter has only started but I'm already feeling the effects? I amdreading going out and just feeling tired. Our house is just so warm and cozy and outside is NOT. A temperature of -13 degrees just isn't inviting, no matter how you look at it.

We had our first real snowfall this week and I can actually admit I en
joyed it. Let me
state that I usually HATE all things winter. T was just so happy to be out in the snow, building snowmen, throwing snowballs, just running around like a
little mad man and it was awesome. He was so proud of his snowmen that he wanted to show everybody. So much so that I had to carry one over to his grandmother's house and show her. Again, SO cute!

Back to the blahs, I feel like I am running on empty all day long. I think that if I got up in the morning and went for a run I'd feel better throughout the day but ......blah..... Have I mentioned that tired feeling and that it's cold outside. See catch-22. I don't want to go outside because I'm too tired but if I go outside I'll get more energy. I've asked R to set my bike up inside on the rollers so I can't use the outside excuse but as of yet, he hasn't done it. Okay in all fairness, he did try but my bike didn't work so he has asked a friend to help. I just hope it gets done soon. Otherwise this may be a long, sleepy winter made doubly hard by a very active one year old.

This mamma says, I need energy. Anybody have any extra?

1 comment:

  1. :) I've always found it helpful to keep in mind and try to "be a kid" during winter. My toddler always puts a smile on my face and her warm radiant energy just gets me going every single time, I am sure it's the same for you with your one-year old! Not sure what area of Toronto you are at, but there is a ton of places for kids to have fun indoors (i.e. Bizzy Bee play centre, etc.) in winter time which makes it easier on the parents.
    As to the energy, just make sure there isn't a pillow in sight, and I personally live on caramel macchiato's :) since I had my kid :)
    cheers

    ReplyDelete