Thursday, August 5, 2010

You're STILL Breastfeeding?!?!

So as you know T just turned one and here's my big scandal....I'm still breastfeeding and don't plan on weaning anytime soon.....shocking I know. I believe in breastfeeding. I believe that I am doing what is best for my son. I believe that while my son could go on cow's milk now, breast milk is still best. Now that's not to say I won't give him cow's milk from time to time or that I think cow's milk is bad. It's just that for now it's still the breast for T.

I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it doesn't mean I want to hear it. I'm always surprised when people I don't know voice their opinion on anything I do, especially concerning my son. I don't think I'd ever go up to a stranger and give them my two cents on what they are doing. Who am I to them? What do they care how I feel? What do I care? I find it doubly surprising when a man comes up to me to give me his opinion on breastfeeding. You don't even have breasts.

Personally I am prepared for people and their comments, especially as T is getting so big. I know people feel strongly about breastfeeding (both for and against) but the way people talk about it, you'd think the act was endangering the child.

So if anyone out there sees my nursing T, just keep quiet. I don't need to know your opinion about it, just as you don't need to know mine about sex in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment