Wednesday, August 4, 2010

One Year Old


Well it is finally here, T's 1st birthday. I can't help but remember the day he was born and him as a newborn. He was the cutest baby, ever (okay I know I'm bias but he really was cute). He was 8 lbs of cuteness. He was a very easy baby that first day. He actually was a great baby all along. My only complaint was that he didn't sleep well. He only wanted to sleep on me, preferably on the breast. And I let him. He was just so tiny and sweet, I didn't want to put him down.

I barely remember the early days with T, I was too sleep deprived. I remember nursing a lot and not sleeping much. Which I guess explains why I don't remember anything. I do remember that first day/night at home. I remember who was here and all the calls we got. I have never felt so loved by the people in my life. Everyone calling with well wishes or stopping by to see our newest addition. Some people surprised me so much. There were friends that I never would have guessed to be baby people, who were so excited to meet T and want to hold him. It was sweet seeing our male friends holding T for the first time. They all had that same look on their face. It was a look of, "OMG, am I going to break this baby?"

One of my favourite memory of the day T was born was coming home in the pouring rain and people were already at our house awaiting our (well really just T's) arrival. A little while after we were home R's younger brother was over visiting. He was so nervous holding the baby but the look he gave T was one that can only be described as pure love and awe. For the longest time that was how it was between the two of them. G was nervous but so in love with the baby. Now he isn't nervous anymore but still so in love with T.

As I look back I can't help but think of T's future. Of the boy he is becoming and the man he will one day become. I am so blessed to have him as my son. I love him more then I could ever say and I hope he always knows that. I have many dreams and wishes for him as he grown but the most important is I hope he always feels the love his father and I have for him. That he grows up to be a good man, who is secure in himself and those around him.

I love you baby!
Love Mamma
xoxo
831

No comments:

Post a Comment