Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Growing Green, Baby


Well it is officially spring, even if it doesn't feel like it yet. T and I have decided to "fake it 'til we make it". We planted some tomato seeds and are hoping they sprout. T is all excited, though I don't think he knows what we are actually doing. All he knows it that we have to pour water on these things and in his world, that is a good thing.

I decided to do this with him for many reasons. Encouraging local eating, teaching cause and effect (sometimes the ECE in me sneaks out) but the main reason is simply because T loves the garden. He loves flowers and trees and even the bugs and bees. He pretends to pick flowers in books and even on my clothes. So here is a little project for us.

I figure the best case scenario is T loves it and has yummy (for him) tomatoes to eat. The worst case is he losses interest and doesn't want the tomatoes, in which case NaNa wins.

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment