Thursday, March 3, 2011

Worst Idea EVER!

Well it seems that I am raising a little boy who is part human and all monkey. At 18 months old we had to put him into a toddler bed because he could climb out of his crib. It isn't going well to say the least.

Every nap and at bedtime I come upstairs and sit by his bed so that he doesn't just hop down and run to the door to call me. I tried leaving the room and he just screams until naptime is over or until I go to bed, either way that doesn't work. So now I'm that parent sitting on the floor of my child's room until he is sleeping. Don't worry I know this is an awful habit to start but what are my other options? I figure it this way, if
sitting by his bed gets him to fall asleep in his own bed for now I can break this habit down the road.

Today however, this doesn't seem to be working. I am sitting here and he is just playing in his crib beside me. I've tried leaving the room but that didn't help either. Why is my son a monster? Honestly, every time I hear anybody talk about how well their child(ren) sleep, I am so jealous and think, "I hope your next child never sleeps". Awful, right? I don't want to begrudge other people their wonderful, sleepy babies....I just want mine to sleep......please?!

Until the day T starts to sleep well (that day will come, won't it?) I just remind myself that one day he will be a teenager and want to sleep all the time and it will be my turn to wake/keep him up. I am really looking forward to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment